Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Century 1954 Exhaust branch

suri2

Century 1954 Exhaust branch

Post by suri2 »

Hi All,
Is it realistic to get functional exhaust branches (front and rear) on Century 1954? My have smaller holes. :)
Does anyone know where to buy?
Many Thanks
Regards
Jiri

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Century 1954 Exhaust branch

Post by Fossil »

Hi Jiri

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean the two exhaust manifolds on the side of the engine, or another part of the exhaust system, perhaps the downpipes below the manifolds? What holes are you referring to? If you need to replace the manifolds i think the only possibility would be to obtain used manifolds from someone dismantling another Century, I doubt that anyone could supply these new. Downpipes can be obtained new, usually best from stainless exhaust system manufacturers.

If you need used manifolds the best people to contact would be John Nash and/or David Beales, both of whom can be difficult to contact, but they both sell parts on ebay and can be found there. If you need the downpipes or another part of the system I can suggest which might be the best to approach, let me know.

I hope that this is helpful.

Regards

Fossil

suri2

Re: Century 1954 Exhaust branch

Post by suri2 »

Hi Fossil,

I apologize for the inaccurate description of the part. It really was downpipes "V" below the manifolds. I temporarily fixed it with an exhaust patch. As time and money allow, I'll have the whole exhaust made new.
Thank you for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Jiri