Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Century mkII - HD carb diaphragms

Bonzodog

Conquest Century mkII - HD carb diaphragms

Post by Bonzodog »

I have sent this query to Burlen Services but in case it takes them a while to respond I will ask here as well.

In the absence of any wear or damage, is it worthwhile (or perhaps even advisable) to replace the jet/diaphragm assembly in my HD carbs as a precaution against the effects of ethanol "enriched" petrol, bearing in mind I will be using it a fair bit on the continent where they have a lot of E10 and even (I kid you not) strawberry scented fuel.

Bonzodog

Re: Conquest Century mkII - HD carb diaphragms

Post by Bonzodog »

Just for the record, I have now had a reply from Burlen's who advise that the diaphragms are vulnerable to ethanol and ought to be replaced with new replacements. For the HD6 used on the mark 2 Conquests the part number is AUC8155 (two required per car), current price is £23.97 (plus vat and delivery).

(Almost) needless to say, I have no commercial connection with Burlens.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest Century mkII - HD carb diaphragms

Post by Fossil »

Richard

Thank you for this advisory note.

This is of course applicable to SPs as well. I'll get at least one spare pair of diaphragms, perhaps two (Century and SP250).

Looking ahead, perhaps worth considering for any HD6 SUs intending to go to the DLOC International in Holland, 2018 I think.

Cheers

Geoff