Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V4 1/2 Straight 8 valve springs.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

V4 1/2 Straight 8 valve springs.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I have been asked to investigate getting a set of valve springs manufactured.
Having made enquiries as to cost there is a considerable saving to be had by having 2 or more sets made. This is obviously due to the machine set up time having to be covered in the cost.
I will be placing the order on Friday so there isn't much time to think about having a spare spring or even a replacement set.
If you are interested please let me know. I have breakdown costings for up to 6 sets so can tell interested parties the cost based on demand.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: V4 1/2 Straight 8 valve springs.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Looking through some parts books the spring is the same for the V26, E20, LQ2/20, LQ3/20 and LQ3/24
The part number being 261280
It may fit other cars which I currently don’t have parts books for.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: V4 1/2 Straight 8 valve springs.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

The order has now been placed.