Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Engine mounts

GrahamH

Engine mounts

Post by GrahamH »

Has anyone successfully changed the engine mounts on their Consort? If you have please share how cos as far as I can see you need hooked magnetic fingers that are about 2 feet long😱. I think I may need a ramp and 2 people to change these unless someone knows different🙏🏻
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Engine mounts

Post by NickDeAth »

This may not be a lot of help but here goes. Yes you can do it with standard hands and no special equipment. It's a matter of finding the right order to put the bolts in.

This is where I say sorry it was so long ago I can't remember which ones I did first. The way I normally work is do the most awkward ones first.

That's the best I can offer I'm afraid. Best of luck.

Regards Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

GrahamH

Re: Engine mounts

Post by GrahamH »

Thanks Nick, I spoke to a friend who has a workshop and he will let me use his ramp and give me a hand to change them, should make it easier👍🏻
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort