Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Chassis plate

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

DB18 Chassis plate

Post by Db n j »

I had a chassis plate made for our DB18. Its close to the original lettering style/size and same material etc.

I have been asked by Julian and another Daimler friend to get a quote for some more.

On the basis that there may be an advantage to get a small batch made, let me know if you are interested soon as I plan to go ahead in the next few days.

See below an original next to the reproduction.

I expect the cost to be around £30
db18 chassis plate.jpg

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Re: DB18 Chassis plate

Post by Brian-H »

How did you fix the plate to the chassis ?

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Brian,

To be clear, are actually 2 plates, one on the chassis leg, which is riveted on ( and rarely gets lost. The second is on the bulkhead, passenger side.

Our barker was missing this, so I got a new one. (Fixed with 2 self tapers)

Is your chassis-leg one missing ?

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

No, none missing. I was curious as I thought that you were maybe renewing both plates. Either way, not bad for £30.