Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest windscreen sticker

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Conquest windscreen sticker

Post by Phillmore »

On the inside of my Conquest windscreen (driver's side) is a paper sticker explaining that the vehicle is fitted with a Fluid Flywheel and pre-selector gearbox and contains instructions as to their operation. Some of the sticker has worn away over time. Would this have been an original fitment from new from the Daimler works or a dealership? Does anyone else still have this sticker attached to their Daimler I wonder?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest windscreen sticker

Post by Stan Thomas »

I don't recall any windscreen stickers on the Conquest range and I worked on them new. Could be something a dealer has produed later. Iinteresting though any chance of a photograph?

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Yes I will try and get one sorted later.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I've taken photos but when I try to upload is says file size too large (3.6mb). Not sure how to reduce it?
Andy

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Talking of stickers - when I worked in the trade back in the 1960's we once had an Austin A35 in for repair. Having removed the carpets, there was a sticker on the prop-shaft tunnel which read "Unfit for Export". Make of that what you wil .......................