Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Chrome plating services (North West)

sp250c-dart

Chrome plating services (North West)

Post by sp250c-dart »

Can anyone recommend a good chrome plating service, preferably in the Manchester area. Some of mine will need repairs to corrosion/ pitting before being re-plated.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Chrome plating services (North West)

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Try these - expensive but good.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

I think Vortex is spot on - Derby Plating are probably one of the best platers in the whole country. However, they are certainly one of (if not THE) dearest. Niphos in Crewe are pretty good and - in terms of metal plating - quite reasonably priced. If you found anywhere cheaper I`d be quite worried about quality. Niphos have done all the plating and the aluminium polishing for the Special Sports, and I`m very pleased with it. However, they don`t do metal work repairs before plating, although they might be able to suggest someone who would do it. Certainly I have used them for many years on many restorations, and will use them again if I can ever be persuaded to do another!

sp250c-dart

Post by sp250c-dart »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll contact them with some pictures of the bits, particularly the pitted part and see what they think. Cheers.