Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 floorboards

BeezaDaimler

Daimler 15 floorboards

Post by BeezaDaimler »

This is probably a long shot but...... Does anyone have patterns for the floorboards and toeboard in a 1935 Mulliner bodied Sixlite saloon.
My floor has completely delaminated. When I took the front seats out the floor just crumbled. I can take measurements and cut new boards but maybe someone has done it before? Same story with the carpets. They crumble when I lift them up.
The carpets look like a light beige but they could be faded. My car is black over dark blue with dark blue leather. What colour would the carpets have been?

Any help is appreciated.
BSA's products fuel my passion..........

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler 15 floorboards

Post by Sydsmith »

I have a set of floor boards which are near perfect except that they are in the car, at a push I could cut templates for you but I am sure there will some one who has a 15 under restoration with the boards out, but if all else fails send me a PM.

With regard to carpet colour the brochure I have a copy of does not make reference to carpet colour, so can't help there either sorry, but one point they don't list due tone colour in the brochure either, but black with blue leather is listed.

I have only had my car for a few months and am still very much a greenhorn, but there are other very helpful long term owners on the forum who I am sure will chip in shortly to help you.

Strangely enough my car came from Lincolnshire where it had lived most of it's life until I brought it to Wales.