Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Horn won't turn off!!

Badminton355

Re: DB18 Horn won't turn off!!

Post by Badminton355 »

theoldman wrote:Paul

E Mail me and i'll send you my "Fuel Gauge Fixit" instructions!!

Neil
Email sent Neil.

Thanks

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

When you found the steering was adjustable did you try it before driving? If you did you may well have pulled the chaffing of cable on the edge of bush up from shorting. Just interested how it was fixed.

Badminton355

Post by Badminton355 »

John Hitchins wrote:When you found the steering was adjustable did you try it before driving? If you did you may well have pulled the chaffing of cable on the edge of bush up from shorting. Just interested how it was fixed.
John - I connected the horn back up before doing anything. Once connected I pushed the horn button on the steering wheel to test and all fine. I then looked for the steering adjuster, I released it and moved back and forth to see how far it move, which is not a lot really, I then put it back to where it was. Drove the car for a little while testing the horn a few times on the way.

It is a good thing that it is now working but a bit annoying not to know why it went belly up for a few days. I guess it is a women and tends to go off on a tangent for a few days and then be fine with absolutely no explanation.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I'm really glad I've read this thread - especially to learn that the wiring can get stretched when moving the column up and down as I've been using the rather too free movement of mine as a party piece to scare the B'Jaybus out of unsuspecting passengers!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)