Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Empress wiring.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

DB18 Empress wiring.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I'm starting the restoration of my Empress and need to know which switches operated which roof light.
I think the front would work from the door contact switches and the rear off the switches on the rear side arm rests.
Did the rear light need to be switched on and off with the same switch? The switches only have 2 contacts which would suggest that they had to be operated in that manner.
Has anyone ever had a new loom made for the DB18 Empress?
Has anyone a wiring diagram either original or one they have made?
Many thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

weddingcartim

Re: DB18 Empress wiring.

Post by weddingcartim »

Hi marcell try contacting autosparks nottingham they had the pattern for my el excelent service from them

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

David and Julie Barlow (Username Db n j) have had one made I'm sure they can help
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Darren, you are correct. I have been in touch with marcel to answer.

Fwiw got a ss loom from auto sparks including additional wiring for indicators.

That said, there is a lot of additional stuff especially at the rear, but the basic loom gives you a solid start.

I am yet to finish rewiring the front interior light. Just wondered if there was a manual switch as well as the 2 door activated ones ?

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I will be taking the old loom to Auto Sparks once it is removed. Hopefully they will then be able to offer DB18 Empress looms along with the many other looms for our cars.
I will of course have indicator and electric radiator fan wiring added.
I'm not sure about getting them to do away with the 2 chassis mounted junction boxes and just feeding the loom all the way into the boot. Less connections to come loose and less chance of water Ingres.

Little-polly

Post by Little-polly »

I'm interested in rewiring my special sports. I am worried that there will be dozens of wires all getting in the way if I were to buy a complete loom. Would it be better to wire each set of components individually rather than attack the whole car in one go as it were?
Regards. John

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

You would need to do sections complete, the main loom is over an inch thick. The special sport loom is available from Auto sparks Nottingham and it is possible to have extra wires for indicators or electric fan.
My DB18 Empress loom is now at Auto Sparks so long term it will be possible to buy one from them.