Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 PLUG COVER

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

LD10 PLUG COVER

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Was this a bidding war has a member been the lucky buyer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lanchester-LD ... 7675.l2557

So if i make a mould who wants one as i thought it would make money but not as high as this.

£163.00 plus postage £3.40
Last edited by Norfolk Lad on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon Hyslop

Re: LD10 PLUG COVER

Post by Simon Hyslop »

I was in for it up to £80 but I have more pressing parts needs so that was enough. However, come the autumn it will be one of my first projects for a forthcoming 3d printer. They get cheaper and better all the time !

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

I Have one new in its box plus one so was not me bidding
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

At 3-30pm it was £88.00 and i never bid but i guess how many are there laying on a shelf in a cupboard , if there are they will be out now and on ebay.
Darren, Simon and myself makes about a 1/3 of the LD10 owners on here 2 are up for sale at this point in time so guess its not them that makes 5 of us, all i can say why has the value of the cars not gone up and what about the nuts to hold it on .

Peter

Minxy

Post by Minxy »

I bid on it up to £120 it got too rich then. I would buy a copy but not for £120. The genuine article is always worth more in my opinion.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Yes can agree the originals will make more money and i guess few are to be found but 2 must have taken it to that price, i have never seen one on ebay that i can recall so is a rare item.
Glad i have the one i have that and a bag for the foot pump not many of those either, now i have said that one will turn up on ebay but sure there are copies f those.
So with Minky that makes 6 of us so who was the buyer could be a owner from over the water will we ever learn who the new owner is ?.

Peter

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

I have one for my Barker, but it has been broken in the past and repaired by screwing two small aluminium plates on the back. I'm going to try and superglue it and see if I can fill the small screw holes.
A 3D printed one sounds like a good idea.
I do need one of the screws that hold it on however, I seem to have lost one of them.

Rollmop22

Post by Rollmop22 »

Mine came with the car in three pieces and distorted. Careful use of a hot air gun, good quality two part epoxy glue and a can of Matt black spray paint and you can't tell it from new so it wasn't me bidding😳
Roger
Roger
1951 Lanchester LD10 - rolling restoration
1971 Triumph Herald Convertible - nearly concourse.
'Failure is not an option' - in my case it is usually a feature.