Forum registration by users has been re-enabled with harder registration questions. Guests should use the Register button top right but if you have difficulty answering one of the spambot countermeasure questions, Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces).
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Introducing myself

alex_gray255

Introducing myself

Post by alex_gray255 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi everyone

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself.

My name is Alex and I have just bought a Lanchester 1937 Roadrider type 14 which I am intending to
recommission over the winter.

The car is in pretty good condition considering its age, but the engine, roof and interior need some TLC.
The car has been in storage for the last 7-8 years and has not been actively run - apart from the occasional
engine start and roll.

The chassis is solid and the engine looks to be ok, but it is struggling to idle and run. I put this down to
the condition of the petrol which is over 8 years old and the fact the engine has not had a good service
for years and years.

Wish me luck!

Alex

Flinty

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Flinty » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Welcome Alex and the very best of luck.

Steve.

Norfolk Lad

Post by Norfolk Lad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Alex you have fellow owners at Ely and Norwich sure Rod and Mike would be glad to see you, and all us Lanchester owners from our area Norfolk , Suffolk, and Ely and surrounding areas

we hope to see you in the new season , best wishes Peter

ranald

Post by ranald » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:28 am

Welcome Alex! Always nice to have someone with a pre war car on the forum. Keep us posted with your progress and a photo of your car would always be appreciated. All the best, Ranald

alex_gray255

Post by alex_gray255 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks all!

I'm working abroad for the next week or so then will be back in the UK, so will post some pics up then.

Cheers