Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lj200 tailpipe

Graham

Lj200 tailpipe

Post by Graham »

Is it normal for the tail pipe to be very close to the fuel tank, I see the tank is shaped, probably for the exhaust to fit, mine is less than a inch from the tank. Is this normal. Should I asbestos bandage it ?

1949startinghandle

Re: Lj200 tailpipe

Post by 1949startinghandle »

I will have a look at mine - but I have a replacement exhaust built to fit so no idea what the original one did. It does though, come out on the driver's side way over to the right.

1949startinghandle

it looks , on mine as if the pipe comes along from the engine and just skirts the tank on the driver side. there are a couple or more inches clearance.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks for that Keith . I will adjust it to try and get more clearance

1949startinghandle

how far mine is away from being anything like the original is debatable. I had a company make a whole system for me in stainless.