Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester LD10

MeandmyLanchesters

Lanchester LD10

Post by MeandmyLanchesters »

We recently sold our LD10 to a chap in Vienna, who has broken a halfshaft. Anyone know where he can start looking for one please, or a complete axle.His e-mail is w.alber@atb-wt.at if you want to contact him direct, or I can pass on any news from the forum. Many Thanks.

Simon Hyslop

Re: Lanchester LD10

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Hello, there are two different types of halfshaft, one with six splines and one with ten. Just something to be aware of if looking for a single halfshaft.
Also, halfshafts are supposed to develop a "set" depending on which side of the car they were fitted to and if it can be avoided, they are best used on the same side of the car as they were otiginally fitted to. Sometimes things like this can be ignored but with the somewhat fragile nature of LD10 halfshafts, maybe it's best to avoid any potential failure points.
Sorry I don't know of any sources but if a cache does turn up I'd probably have two 10 spline ones for spares !

MeandmyLanchesters

Thank you Simon, I will pass it on to Wolfgang

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

The Barker cars had different shafts to the Briggs.
Adrian Hanwell may very well have spares. Seems to be a common fault.
My Barker had a very worn differential and one of the shafts was twisted, so I replaced the complete axle assembly with a secondhand one from a Briggs. I have yet to drive the car but I'm hoping it's done the trick.
Cheers
Keith

MeandmyLanchesters

Thank you keith, Wolfgang did say he thought a complete axle may be the best option, but sourcing one in Vienna could be a task!