Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 door cards

Rollmop22

LD10 door cards

Post by Rollmop22 »

I am looking to repair the window winder mechanism on the drivers door of my LD10. First I need to get at it !!!
Can anyone help with information on how to remove the door card. I can see three small round head screws on one side of the door frame which I hope are holding the card in place but can't see how to remove the window winder or door lock lever. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Roger
1951 Lanchester LD10 - rolling restoration
1971 Triumph Herald Convertible - nearly concourse.
'Failure is not an option' - in my case it is usually a feature.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: LD10 door cards

Post by Norfolk Lad »

The handle has a pin that is hidden by the cover plate which is spring loaded so it conceals the pin , as yours is a Barker not sure how door panel is fixed but would think screws
The Briggs is clipped i think but they are steel doors , hope the winder is a easy fix when you manage to get access.

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

We've just been reinstalling the door cards on my Barker.
The grab handle has two screws that hold the wood trim.(The wood has two metal plates about 3 inches long)
Take off the handle and the wood comes off.
The door card is pushed down from the top onto two screws, so once you have the wood off it just pops upward.
Cheers
Keith

Rollmop22

Post by Rollmop22 »

Thanks for the info Keith - it's easy when you know how !!
Best regards
Roger
1951 Lanchester LD10 - rolling restoration
1971 Triumph Herald Convertible - nearly concourse.
'Failure is not an option' - in my case it is usually a feature.