Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LA10 leather roof

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

LA10 leather roof

Post by Culbu »

Hello,

As you, I live in a very rainy place (Normandie in France, just in front of Portsmouth) and after a run with my 1933 LA10 Lanchester, I just wondered to myself if the leather roof of my car was supposed to be watertight... ! Because if it's the case, I have an important work to do on it !!! And the sunroof that fits my Mulliner body constitutes probably an aggravating factor...

Thanks.

Julian

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: LA10 leather roof

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, Julian, yes it is supposed to be watertight , I recovered the Roof on my Lanchester over 26 years ago, and its never leaked .!
It’s not too bad a job, but you will need to remove the old covering very carefully, and the separate the sections to use as patterns etc.
If you do decide to do it , then drop me a line, and I will attempt to give you some further instructions.

Best wishes A’l. :D
Last edited by JT7196 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

X

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Thank you A'l,

I would appreciate that you give some further instructions to me please...

Julian

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Julian, will sit down over the nex few days a try and put something together for you, but it was a long time ago !,

Best wishes,A’l :D :D

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Thank you A'l. I'm not in a hurry so take your time.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Julian