Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Roto Flo shocks absorbers

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Roto Flo shocks absorbers

Post by Culbu »

Good evening every body,

All my wheels cylinders have been restored. The seals were good. I just needed to unjam them.

Now, the shocks absorbers. On my early LA10, I found a pair of Moto Flo shocks absorbers. They seem to be out of order, completely blocked by the rust (see pic attached).

Is it possible to restore them ? They look to be sealed and I'm not sure that is possible to open it. Any suggestion ?

The linkages between these shocks absorbers and the frame are out of order too. Any chance to find them on Ebay ?

Thanks.

Julian
IMG_6905.JPG

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Roto Flo shocks absorbers

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

David Beales reconditions the linkages.
He may also be able to help with the shock absorbers.
He trades as Daimler boy on ebay. It's worth asking a question through ebay.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Roto Flo shocks absorbers

Post by Culbu »

I will ! Thanks