Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester Legacy Part 3

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Lanchester Legacy Part 3

Post by simonp »

What a truly outstanding book this is. The last of a 3 part trilogy started some 20 years ago by Chris Clark.

This part covers the post 1931 story but so much more. Chris sets out the context of the acquisition and so many interesting details on engineering and development of the model range with insights from those that worked there at the time. There are 29 chapters covering every detail of the story.

I am still part way through this book but have already learnt that whilst Daimler/BSA saved Lanchester, Lanchester most likely subsequently saved Daimler for a period in the 1930's. I hadn't realised that Lanchesters were outselling Daimlers by 10:1 at various times with the highly successful Lanchester 10 and other models. Daimler production numbers at the time were tiny.

Credit is also due for the outstanding book design and layout with coloured edged pages and lots of colour photos.

Surely one of the finest books in my bookshelf and highly recommended. The Driving Member has details as to how to buy your copy - advertised just before Christmas.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!