Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester La11 windscreen

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Lanchester La11 windscreen

Post by JT7196 »

Hi unsure at the moment as to which one I used. Give Vintage a call and ask them to send you 3” sample of each .
Yo should be able with a bit of effort and some lube of course, be able to insert the glass into the frame , any excess protruding up the glass fun of course be trimmed.
Hope all this helps Best wishes Alan

lomh 13

Post by lomh 13 »

Hi there.
I would now like to replace the windshield seal.
I'm guessing this is the outer seal.
Could you tell me what is its reference and especially how to proceed for its replacement? Because I imagine that it is impossible to make it slide in the throat all around the windshield?
Robert
What looks right is right

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Robert, if you read the whole of the previous threads on this subject I believe that there is enough information explaining how to strip and replace the sealing Rubbers.
Just take your time !
If you get stuck the let me know .
Cheers Al 👍👍

lomh 13

Post by lomh 13 »

Thank for your replay.
I have red the entire of the thread, but some aspect remain a mystery for me, even with Google translate (I am french).
I'll try a third time...
Robert

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Steve, good to hear from you, well as far as I can remember, and I am going back to circa 1987?, I think that the rubber was around approx 1/16 - 3/32” thick and around 1” to1-1/2/“ wide , of course the width is not so important as if it’s too wide one can always trim it .
I would suggest that you ask for some samples to try , and on fitting ,apply a thin lay ser of Tiger Seal to both surfaces , any excess may be removed either using Cellulose Thinners , or White Spirit .

Best wishes Al 👍👍

lomh 13

Post by lomh 13 »

Hello Al.
I assume you are talking about the interior seal, between the glass and the metal frame?
Robert

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, yes that’s right, like I explained, try some samples first, but remember,the glass should quite a tight fit !👍

Best wishes Al 👍👍

lomh 13

Post by lomh 13 »

The internal seal is good on my car.
I just want to change the external on this picture
Robert