Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Water Outlet

karlm

Water Outlet

Post by karlm »

Hi All,

I've just recently recommissioned L63297 after a 33 year slumber. It's a genuine survivor, single lady owner from 1951 - 1984, then stored from 1984 - 2017 and re-registered in December 2017. It's even still got its original toolkit, jack, pump etc.

I am however in desperate need of a new water outlet, as the original casting has fractured, and I've currently got a modified Hillman Hunter one in its place. Could anyone point me in the direction of where I could get one?

Secondly, I've fitted a modern temperature gauge, however I'd like to get the original repaired and working, I've been reading threads on here about repairing them, does anyone know if there is anywhere in Australia that could do so - failing that I'm happy to ship to the UK if there is somewhere there that could repair and calibrate it.

I'm also after a schematic for the Barker cars, I've been trying to keep mine as original as possible, but the loom is seriously degraded and causing issues. I've ordered a new one to original pattern and materials, however they only have the Briggs schematic. I'm aware of the difference with the length of the trafficator wiring, but are there any other significant changes between the models or is there a Barker schematic out there somewhere?

link to a pic:

Kind Regards,
Karl

Crossley Stephenson

Re: Water Outlet

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

There are two companies in Victoria that could repair your gauge - Howard Instruments and Ringwood Speedometers. Do an internet search for contact details. I've used both and they are OK.
Cheers
Michael

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Can you add a photo of the water outlet please. I have a number of castings and one might be suitable.

karlm

Post by karlm »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:10 pm Can you add a photo of the water outlet please. I have a number of castings and one might be suitable.
No probs - see below:

Link: https://imgur.com/1w9I7T3

karlm

Post by karlm »

Mpringle wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:23 am There are two companies in Victoria that could repair your gauge - Howard Instruments and Ringwood Speedometers. Do an internet search for contact details. I've used both and they are OK.
Cheers
Michael
Excellent - thanks I'll give them a call!

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Always good to mention the car model in the subject of the post. That way, you are more likely to attract readers who have the same model . Any chance of a photograph of the car? All the best, Ranald

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Sorry but I don't make the water outlet.
It might be possible to modify one that I do.
By removing the elbow from the top of this might be very close.
Attachments
WP_20180131_002.jpg
WP_20180131_001.jpg

karlm

Post by karlm »

ranald wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:57 am Always good to mention the car model in the subject of the post. That way, you are more likely to attract readers who have the same model . Any chance of a photograph of the car? All the best, Ranald
Sure!
IMG_4175.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg (45.61 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
IMG_4073.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
IMG_4074.jpg
IMG_4074.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 1953 times

karlm

Post by karlm »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 am Sorry but I don't make the water outlet.
It might be possible to modify one that I do.
By removing the elbow from the top of this might be very close.
It does look close, I'll do some measurements on the broken casting tomorrow and post them if that would help.