Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lj200 or conquest headliner

Graham

Lj200 or conquest headliner

Post by Graham »

It is many years since I removed my headliner, i have made a new one from copying the old one and i wonder is it best to start fitting from front to back, can I staple instead of tacking , does it push under the rear window seal, how does it fasten at the front and is any glue involved?

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Lj200 or conquest headliner

Post by JT7196 »

Hi never worked on an LJ 200, but when I re- did the Headlining on my Lanchester 11, I removed the old liner from the front working backwards, and the opposite was when replacing with a new one.
Hope this helps, but probably not ! :)

Cheers A’l :) :D

Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks Al. I have no idea to be honest, I was going to start at the front, but maybe you are right 🌝

Graham

Post by Graham »

Headliner 3/4 fitted, started at the back and worked forward, just have the bit around the speakers and visors to do. Does anyone know how the surround around the back window is fastened, is it just self tappers and cups as there are already holes in the metal surround around the back window but they are at least 6mm so would me very large self tappers and cups, also are the cappings at the bottom of the headlining really just tacked on ? Been looking at a few pictures that are tacked and there’s rusty marks on the capping and somehow it just doesn’t look a good finish having the heads of tacks showing