Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Radiator Muffs / Blinds

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Radiator Muffs / Blinds

Post by John-B »

JT7196 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:55 pm Hi, took my Lanchester out again today, as my MG is still very poorly! I have been using it as everday transport for most of this week, and the Temp Gauge, has hardly lifted off the bottom of the Gauge, pretty constant 80/90 deg,
I had thought about blanking the Radiator, but we do have an enormous amount of road works going on throughout most of the town, with the resultant traffic jams, so thought that I would leave well alone .

Cheers A’l 😀😀
Looks like someone should invent a roller blind with a cable into the cockpit, or just string!

More practically, just drive in a lower gear when you can.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Thanks Steve, hard to decide what the Muff is actually made of, it’s a bit like Hardura Felt but much more flexible.

Cheers A’l :) :)

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Another survivor! Thanks for the photo Steve. I’m still not sure how the straps are secured. Do they have buckles or are they tied together somehow? Thanks, Ranald

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, Ranald, the Radiator Muff, is held in position with straps with hooks at their ends, and are reasonably easy to bend into shape, top and bottom of the Radiator Grille, there are also a Two straps around Headlamp level, not sure where these were supposed to fit, but tucked these in between the Bonnet Side Panels.
I actually took the Lanchester for a Ten mile drive today, just to try it out, with the smallest apperture opened up, well on the return , she did get a bit warm even with the Electric Fan in operation, so pulled over to increase the air flow by opening up the large section, but due to the fact that the last 1/2 mile or so being up a long hill, by the time I got home she was boiling!
So, I think that the best option would be to run with the larger opening bring used, off out again with her tomorrow ( weather permitting of course!) for her annual MOT test, so will see what happens in the morning .
Fortunately, living down here in the South West, there has only been a very minimal snow fall, and the roads have remained clear and dry, just hope that it stays that way ! !

Cheers A’l :D :D

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Thanks for the feedback Al.