Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

A client is looking for his father's lanchester

LanchesterHunter2018

A client is looking for his father's lanchester

Post by LanchesterHunter2018 »

Hello gang,

Our client is looking for his fathers previous car - a 1933 Blue Lanchester convertible. The reg is CG7 059. He isn't looking to buy but its more of a memory to him and has photos that could be shared with the owner. It seems you lot might be the best port of call in helping me with this matter.

If anyone has any information to share or any tips to help with this matter, please reply back or call my office on 01483 200999 and ask for me - Harry

Many thanks and many regards to all

Harry Watts

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: A client is looking for his fathers lanchetser

Post by Sydsmith »

DVLA show it as taxed MOT'ed and on the road, so there is some hope for your client. Syd

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Good evening Harry, I’ll take a look at my Database,and see if it’s registered with the DLOC, and get back to you.

Cheers Alan. ( Lanchester Registrar) :D

Ps. Do you happen to know which model of Lanchester, i.e . LA10, etc?

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

The car is known to our club. It’s a Lanchester 18. I’ll ask the owner to make contact with you. Ranald McCallum, Lanchester 15/18 & 18 Registrar, DLOC

LanchesterHunter2018

Thank you everyone for such a quick response, our client is looking forward to some good news as he was uncertain if he would ever see or hear about it again.

Ranald it is greatly appreciated and we look forward to speaking with the owner, also its nice to know the model as I initially believed it to be a LA10 from basic research, but that shows I've come to the right people

Again thanks to all and we wish the club all the best

Regards

Harry Watts

LanchesterHunter2018

Re: A client is looking for his father's lanchester

Hello guys,

Just wondering if there's been a response from the gentleman in question. We have not heard from any contacts regarding the car. Ranald, is it possible I could enquire for a phone number, I don't want to rush anyone at all, our client is just keen to know where the car is and share its fantastic history.

Any contacts or numbers would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing a response

Many regards

Harry Watts

AlanCoombs

Post by AlanCoombs »

Hi,

I traced the current owner's address and phone number after seeing the car winning an award at a show down near Chichester; I'll leave Ranald to give you the details. The same car actually featured in an article in the DLOC magazine last year, complete with a mystery period photograph with a lady driver. I was particularly interested because of the unusual Charlesworth body (I have a similar one). Perhaps if more interesting history is now known, the article could be completed!

Alan

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Would be nice to see any current or old pictures of this car. A thing of beauty I am sure.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Harry, I'm sorry to learn that the current owner hasn't contacted you yet. I sent him an email on 23rd March. Is your client a Mr Evans? Mr Evans wrote to the club a few years ago looking for the car and provided us with some photographs and history.
May I suggest you send me a letter enclosing any history and photos just in case we don't already have these in our club records. I'll then post your letter on to the current owner with a request for him to contact you. (i'll PM you my postal address). Simon, I think this is the car in question.
side.png