Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 battery

JRR

LD10 battery

Post by JRR »

Hi can anyone recommend a replacement battery for my LD10?
Thanks
JRR

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: LD10 battery

Post by theoldman »

One that sits snugly as possible in the cradle.

Measure it up and see what fits!
Normal for Norfolk

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

But make sure the posts are the correct size and on the correct side of the battery for the leads to fit neatly, as Neil says I just measured the space available in my V8, trundled down to my friendly motor factor with them and got the right thing first time. Syd

JRR

Post by JRR »

Thanks for input. I have also been told as well as fitting the space get the highest Ah rating and CCA.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

John, if you did not know, AH stands for "Amp Hours" and is the number of hours a battery will deliver current at one amp before running flat. CCA stands for Cold Cranking Amps and represents the amount of current a battery can deliver for cranking a cold engine.

The higher the AH the longer the battery will hold up without charge. The higher the CCA, the better the battery will hold up and deliver a cold start.

So yes get the battery with the correct physical size and highest AH and CCA, but as always the higher rated batteries will cost more. Syd