Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

3/8 BSF 'volcano type' grease nipple wanted

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

3/8 BSF 'volcano type' grease nipple wanted

Post by ranald »

My Lanchester 15/18 is missing a grease nipple on the steering wheel boss. As it's visible it would be nice to have an authentic style as per the attached photo. I don't think it is possible to buy this style new. Does anyone have a 3/8" BSF one they could spare? Thanks
IMG_1973.JPG

Johnsson

Re: 3/8 BSF 'volcano type' grease nipple wanted

Post by Johnsson »

I don't have a spare one but would be interested to know what type of fitting you use on your grease gun to attach to this fitting?

Trevor

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Something like this.
IMG_1974.JPG

Elsewhere on the car, there were several other volcano type fittings (although bigger than 3/8") but I've replaced them for 'lock on' types. Just in this position, since it is visible on the steering column, I'd like to have the correct one. Does anyone have a 3/8" BSF one they could spare or know where I can get one?

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Ranald, just found one of those 3/8 BSF Volcano Grease Nipples in my spares box .
AABB810C-39B0-44FE-8A29-24D6EDFE5E1F.jpeg

Email me your postal address and I’ll send it off to you 😀😀😀

Cheers Al 😀😀

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Thanks fantastic. Thanks Al. I’ll send you an email shortly.

Johnsson

Post by Johnsson »

Ranald,

Can you give me the make and part number of the grease gun fitting please.

Trevor

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Hello Trevor, All I can tell you is that I believe it is a standard fitting as used on many vintage grease guns. I have two (both brass) with this type of fitting, one is made by Teclamit and the other is made by Enots. Maybe worth looking on Ebay? All the best, Ranald