Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Trafficator switch

sp250boy

Trafficator switch

Post by sp250boy »

I have just rewired the trafficator switch on the steering wheel. Putting this back in the steering wheel I wonder what the curved bracket is for that is mounted internally in the centre boss of the steering wheel?

steering wheel.jpg
I just want to make sure the trafficator switch is correctly fitted to the steering wheel.

1939 Lanchester La11
It is a Lanchester

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Trafficator switch

Post by A.N.Other »

A guess but it is a guess it could be for the self cancelling mechanism.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

qantasqf1

Re: Trafficator switch

Post by qantasqf1 »

sp250boy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm I have just rewired the trafficator switch on the steering wheel. Putting this back in the steering wheel I wonder what the curved bracket is for that is mounted internally in the centre boss of the steering wheel?

steering wheel.jpg

I just want to make sure the trafficator switch is correctly fitted to the steering wheel.

1939 Lanchester La11
Well, spelling and grammatical errors may be normal, but so is taking excellent photos! The bracket is to operate the self cancelling mechanism. You may find it can be moved slightly by loosening the retaining screws to centralise it since I think the holes are slotted.