Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

fuel sender unit

david jenkins

fuel sender unit

Post by david jenkins »

the fuel sender unit has packed up on my lanchester leda. there is no name on the gauge. anyone know if it is a "smiths" gauge, and if not where can i get another sender unit? i've taken the old one off, and it is totally knackered, though i can resuscitate the arm !

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: fuel sender unit

Post by Sydsmith »

David, It does not matter what make of gauge you have the sender unit will work with any.
As far as I know it is very similar for almost all makes of gauge. Similar sender units were used in many 1930's UK cars and similar units to the Lanchester and early sister model Daimlers can be found in the early Landrover spares lists, the arm is the main difference as it is adjusted to suit the tank size and shape. Syd

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: fuel sender unit

Post by theoldman »

"Universal" units are available on Flea Bay - make sure they are OK for Pos Earth if your car is such.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk