Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Progress being made.

Graham

Progress being made.

Post by Graham »

Taken a few years and a lot of labour. Everything as been done by my own fair hands. So much for the critics that say you shouldn't carry out a full restoration by yourself. Not bad for my first one.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Graham

Re: Progress being made.

Post by Graham »

Just a few more pics, now I'm getting the hang of it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Looking good Graham yes can see hours spent just on one door, have some to repair in Norfolk so keep up the good work. Peter

Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks peter. All 4 doors were the same, had to cut the bottoms off and renew. Just the wings and front apron left to do, when the weather warms up, then bodywork finished.

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Graham,

You have undertaken an ambitious project, and your work looks really good.

I too am in the middle of a first restoration where I am undertaking all work myself (on a DJ 252). Mine is a bit less ambitious than yours - only the bottom inch or so of mine has to be replaced. I have been doing it as a "rolling restoration", removing components, refurbishing and returning to service. I started mine at the front with the wings and front ledge, and have now nearly completed the doors and sills. At the same time, I have been doing upholstery, carpets, etc. It is amazing what you can learn.

All the best with your ongoing project. Based on the high standard of your work so far, you will have a lovely car when it is done.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports