Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LA 11 Water Pump Seals

wrooms

LA 11 Water Pump Seals

Post by wrooms »

Dear All,

I am overhauling my water pump and the seals between the drive shaft spring and the impeller base are perished and in need of replacement. Before I go into remanfacturing mode, does anyone have a source of LA 11 water pump parts?

Best Regards

Simon

bop

Re: LA 11 Water Pump Seals

Post by bop »

Marcel Renshaw (Obsolete Parts Coordinator for DLOC) might be able to help you.
Bob

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Yes I have spares.
There is a impregnated carbon bush between the impeller and casting. It tends to create grooves in the metal shaft. You will need to machine or replace the shaft. The white metal bush may need attention also.
If you need assistance please let me know.
I can supply new castings for the body and end cover also.
New pumps available if anyone should need one.

wrooms

Post by wrooms »

Dear Marcel,

That is great news. Would it be possible for you to contact me via my own e-mail: williamrooms@hotmail.com to discuss what is available?

Regards

Simon