Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Leda Rear Quarter Light Removal.

Farmer John

Leda Rear Quarter Light Removal.

Post by Farmer John »

Hello everyone.
I need to remove the glass and it's frame as the lower rear corner has come apart. I guess a steel strip in the corner has rusted away so that will need attention. I would like to remove the outer frame to attend to any rust under or around it, also remove the rubbers to wash them and rub some rubber grease into them.
Do the various pieces of interior trim all need to be removed? There is a vinyl trim on the vertical pillar which was screwed on, hoodlining felt covered trim around the top edge with no obvious clips, and a faux-wood metal trim along the lower edge (none of the lovely wood on this model) but no obvious fasteners.
I took the latch off and with the one piece of vinyl trim that is as far as it goes, what do I cut first?
Thanks for any help. John

Graham

Re: Leda Rear Quarter Light Removal.

Post by Graham »

The long strip at the top is screwed on , the faux one at the bottom is screwed and as metal plates on the back and can be slide out, you the quarter light itself as lugs on it with self tappers on all sides. If you can get to these without undoing the top strip .

Graham

Post by Graham »

Just looking at some pictures as I have not moved my car to my new house yet so can’t check it. You will have to also remove the wooden door capping, screws at the top
5D110685-3F6D-4F63-B11C-52EFA4D0C441.jpeg
Attachments
D51FF9B7-0F80-46CC-98AB-DB077297DBFA.jpeg

Graham

Post by Graham »

The faux one under the window will come out after you remove the door capping as the metal clip fits at the back of the capping .

Farmer John

Post by Farmer John »

Aha! Thanks Graham. I now have access to the screws in the tabs on two sides. Some have loosened, still working on the rest then once those are out will see what happens along the bottom. They will come out but some of them do not know that yet.
John

Graham

Post by Graham »

I’m sure you will persuade them John. Like you said in your post , yours is a Leda without the cappings, so a little different. Good luck.

Farmer John

Post by Farmer John »

I have undone lots, the glass is out, the frame will not move. The upper part of the doorshut pillar seems to be removeable but one bolt is under the window frame so cannot be removed and I cannot see the bolt at the top. Seems that the frame might slide forward and out if the pillar was gone. The frame will not push out as there is an inner fixing flange along the lower edge and will not push in as there is an inner flange on the removeable pillar section.
I could cut that piece of pillar but that would be too wrong for me. I would not remove the the inner rubber from the frame unless I had a replacement in my hand of course they might be available in UK (same as Conquest etc). It is possible that there are more screws behind that rubber. That is the next logical step I think.
John

Graham

Post by Graham »

Yes there is a bolt at the top front of the frame and it is a pain to get out, are you sure you have to remove that one to get the quarter light out. I seem to remember that it doesn’t have a full head and I had to butcher it to remove it .