Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester water pump part numbers

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Lanchester water pump part numbers

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Can anyone tell me if these numbers relate to other cars than the 12/6.
116078 along with 263173 and 269651 which is the pump body assembly
270857 water pump cover.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Lanchester water pump part numbers

Post by theoldman »

Marcel,

The E20/E18 shares a common part 263173 (body) but the "collars and cuffs" don't match.

List 25596 gives 263173 and 115843
List 26128 gives 263173 and 117910

The covers are 269566 and 278343 respectively.

Suggest it may be something to do with the angles of the inlet and outlet pipes.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Marcel, the following part No's relate to the Water Pump as fitted to the Lanchester Eleven .
The following parts are Listed in the Parts Book 117254 & Pt No 263173 Water Pump Body ,with dowels.
Not sure at this moment which part No relates to the Body and which was for the dowels ,will try and take a look at one on my old Bodies tomorrow to try and find out ,as I know that the Bodies had the part No stamped into them .
Pt No269651 Vane Wheel Spindle Bush .

Best wishes A'l

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

The parts book gives numbers for the body, white metal bush and dowels but then goes on to say that it is only supplied assembled. It seems daft having 3 numbers for something which can only be sold complete.
The reason it would need to be complete would be the white metal bush would have been made to fit the body, pressed in and then checked to ensure the shaft fitted correctly.
I've found that the bores vary slightly on the older pumps I have stripped. They also vary on the new ones.
Many thanks for the information.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Marcel, yes the Bore diameters do vary, sometimes of course due to the Bush turning in the Pump body, all the Pumps that I have overhauled have been fitted with "Custom" produced Bushes made from Phosphour Bronze material.
The Water Pumps also have "modified" Drive Shafts fitted, to accommodate the new "Lip seal" arrangement fitted into the Pump Body, which up to now have had 100% success rate.

Cheers A'l