Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Introduction - new owner

Sniper

Introduction - new owner

Post by Sniper »

Hi, I've just bought a LA11 from EBay, waiting on transport home at the moment. I'm new to pre-war cars but have plenty of experience with 50s and 60s classics so I'll have lots to learn.

I'm particularly pleased as it's a Suffolk car that made its way to Wales and I'm bringing it back to Suffolk, it's got a full history with it, reg is DBJ 652.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I start working on it.

Mike.

Sniper

Re: Introduction - new owner

Post by Sniper »

picture from the advert.
Attachments
IMG_2780.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Welcome, please let JT7196 know about your car. He also owns a LA11 and keeps the LA11 statistics.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Good News for the Suffolk boy's Dave French will welcome you to area as a Lanchester owner, will send you his email address by email so you can contact him.
When we get together in the new season Dave is one of those who attends most events if possible, he is now the new man to contact for all Suffolk club events.
As my name relates to the next county us Norfolk boys welcome you to Lanchester ownership, so hope to see you in 2020. Mike.
all the best Peter.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Hi Mike

Have you joined the Daimler and Lanchester Owners’ Club yet?
You’ll get access to the club’s store of manuals, a great monthly magazine, invitations to local events, the International Rally and access to a wonderful network of other owners and experts.
It’s easy to join at www.dloc.org.uk and just £18.75 this month takes you through the end of May.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Hi Mike,
welcome to world of Lanchesters LA11's

I am in the process of spraying mine and then fitting a new interior and hope she will be on the road for September.

Glad to help where I can..

Good luck...
It is a Lanchester

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chris, I sent you an e-mail last Thursday requesting details of your LA11, and also asked what info you were looking for, but have not had a reply to date .

Cheer Al

Ps Just checked my records, and your car was not listed, so another new one to add :D :D :D

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

It’s on the Club register, previous owner was a member since 2005
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

frenchy

new owner

Post by frenchy »

Hi Al, did you get my email regarding owners of lanchester vehicles in the Anglia region, regards Frenchy.

Sniper

Post by Sniper »

Hi Al, don't know who Chris is but I'm Mike, which might explain why I've not had an Email from you.

I've started some of the basic maintenance jobs to recommission it, I've read that I can just wash out the oil filter with paraffin rather than replace it, is that OK?

I've found that the fluid flywheel is very 'fierce' when I bring the gear pedal up, I was going to check the oil but I've also read that the plug for the fluid flywheel can be 'interesting' to try to remove.

Thanks,

Mike.