Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester Registrar.

frenchy

Lanchester Registrar.

Post by frenchy »

Hi Al,
I have discussed this matter with you on the phone, emailed you and mentioned it on this forum. I am trying to establish just how many Lanchester vehicles we have in the
eastern region, the owners and contact details. I do have the membership list of all the daimler lanchester owners, contact details,email address and location, but no details of the vehicles
they own. Not very helpful . Perhaps as the registrar for the LA10,11,12/6,&14 you could apply your"exacting standards" and assist me in this matter.

Your vehicle looks superb ,"Well Done" Just hoping your Lanchester records are the same. Kind regards Dave French. BRW813

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Lanchester Registrar.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Have you asked Graham Emmet?
He has the most up to date membership list on a spreadsheet so hopefully can give you the most accurate information the club has.
This only works well if all members keep their car ownership details up to date.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Dave, sorry mate, been a bit preoccupied recently , I will write myself a note right Now !!! and take a look in the morning for you and let you know the result.

Cheers Al ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 pm This only works well if all members keep their car ownership details up to date.
Thatโ€™s part of the problem Marcel.
I have given Dave the member list for his area but it doesnโ€™t have the cars on it. The spreadsheet with the cars is separate from the membership list and is by Reg & Chassis number and split into separate sheets by model so if Dave wants to find all the cars in his area he has to search through the whole lot. A better way is coming but it doesnโ€™t help him today.
Graham Emmett ยฆ DLOC Chairman ยฆ chair@dloc.co.uk ยฆ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Graham , I have sent copies of the records of all the models that are under my wing, so hopefully this should keep him occupied for a couple of days ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

c
Cheers Al ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

The young Lad is new to the job and is keen to show he is worthy of the position he now holds, i am sure he will collect and process everything and will make East Anglia proud. Lanchester boys watch this space Mr French is on the case we will rise again. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ Keep up the good work Dave . Peter

frenchy

Post by frenchy »

Many thanks everyone, all records received. I can understand the difficulty in keeping the records up to date , owners move ,sell the car, pass away, abandoned restorations etc and the registrar is not informed. I have noted several members who no longer own a Lanchchester. I can find very few vehicles in the Anglia region, so perhaps having five Lanchesters at a
meeting last year maybe the best we can expect. I will try and to do better. Regards Frenchy.

PS , not so much the young man, 82 this year.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Sorry Young Man just not sure you pressed the right key think it should have been a six all that energy thrown into the job by your good self , what about all these New Members on the block Norfolk,Suffolk,Cambridge come on you New Lanchester Boy's don't let my mate Dave down .
We need to show a United front for 2020 and set a Lanchester record in the East Anglia area better the 5 at Euston .
Peter

frenchy

Post by frenchy »

I have managed to search through the records I have received and noted the Lanchesters in the Anglia region. LA10,s 10, LA11,s I can only find two, LA14,s just three. LA12,s ????
The post war LJ range , Peter Riches has the best knowledge. If any one in the Anglia region has a Lanchester please contact me with the details.

I will start on the pre war Daimlers next. Regards Dave French

alex_gray255

Post by alex_gray255 »

Well, I have a (now) working pre-war 1937 LA14 and live near Cambridge/Essex area, so I guess that includes me.