Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 front suspension? Is there an easy fix for my front suspension. The drivers side is 2 inches lower than the other.

John Ronnie

LD10 front suspension? Is there an easy fix for my front suspension. The drivers side is 2 inches lower than the other.

Post by John Ronnie »

I’ve looked at the springs and they are intact.

Stella

Re: LD10 front suspension? Is there an easy fix for my front suspension. The drivers side is 2 inches lower than the oth

Post by Stella »

Hello I have a Lancherster La10 and I took my back leaf springs off and had them re tensioned by Jones springs Rossendale Lanc BB4 5HA
I can recommend them great service
Good luck Stella

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: LD10 front suspension? Is there an easy fix for my front suspension. The drivers side is 2 inches lower than the oth

Post by Norfolk Lad »

The easy fix is let the tyre down on the high side.

But John you would appear to have a broken spring broken near the base or the top of the coil.
The spring off the car should be 305 to 310 mm high, hope this helps or can photo a spring i have as a spare.
Sorry for the delay in replying but was hoping others might give advice, i appear to be one of the few LD10 owners on the Forum we were about 10 but they seem to have gone.

Having a serious thought as to giving up no point in posting as support is none from LD10 OWNERS.

Hope you can sort it might have a contact for a used spring. Peter

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Not entirely the case, Peter. John had already phoned me about this and I did tell him a broken coil was the most likely reason. However, presumably he has either discounted this or wanted other views. I am sure he will be pleased to know of a potential spare spring should it turn out that is the cause.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

That explains why you had not replied before i was thinking you had contact with John, hope you are keeping busy on your restorations Simon.
The LD10 OWNERS page i started on the old Forum has Died a Death on here, think it is only you and i that visit here others have not returned for 2 years or more.

Peter

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

I’m here only occasionally these days due to other complications but available through the website or email to answer questions
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

John Ronnie

Post by John Ronnie »

Thanks to all for your replies. I think new manufactured springs is the only answer.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

There could be a pair on here nearer to you then mine i think
https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replaceme ... 1372860178

Adrian Hanwell

LD10 front spring and other parts.

Post by Adrian Hanwell »

Dear All.
..... I still have lots of L.D.10. parts including front coil springs, but half are still in Brentwood and the other half are in a garage about a mile away from me in Scarborough. It may take me some considerable amount of time to find anything that you need. Headlamps, Pass-lamps for Briggs cars, 8" fog-lamps for Barker cars, brand new tool-bags (to contain the tool roll, oil and grease guns and the jack etc), brake shoes, some brake linings and radiators are stashed in my attic, so those are easier for me to find. My contact details are in the Driving Member magazine "officials page". I an afraid that I very rarely use the forum, but am always available via email.
Take care, stay safe and keep well.
Best Wishes from Adrian.
---------- ********** ----------
Adrian Hanwell
---------- ********** ----------