Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Re: LD10 Bakelite Spark plug cover

Amitava Saha

Post by Amitava Saha »

Hello everyone,

I need a bakelite spark plug cover for my LD10. Does anyone have any spare one to part with?

Regards
Amitava Saha

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Amitava ,
these bakerlite covers were not that strong being made of bakerlite so not many survive , have only seen one sold which made a lot of money.
I have thought of making a mould from one i have which i need to repair before this could happen , this would allow more to be made from resin so a copy of the original.
If you could find a original one you will be more then lucky i wish you luck.
Peter

Amitava Saha

Post by Amitava Saha »

Thank you Peter,

I have noted your point. I have borrowed a sample from a friend but stuck up due to this Covid-19 issue. Do you have a pair of those front wing embellishers for the Briggs body and the shortest body trims on the pillar A? I need these.

Please help.

Regards
Amitava

Vulgalour

Post by Vulgalour »

I'd likewise be interested in acquiring one, a replica might even be preferable in fact.

Amitava Saha

Post by Amitava Saha »

I have made a pattern using the original sample sent by my friend. Some corrections are required to make but this is my only option.

Regards
Amitava
Attachments
pattern3.jpg
pattern2.jpg
Pattern1.jpg

Vulgalour

Post by Vulgalour »

That looks like a very good pattern, all the same. I was expecting to see a silicone mould, it looks like you've actually done it the traditional way by carving out of wood? Very nice work.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

This one sold on ebay today
lanchester ld10 plug cover.jpg

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

Amitava Saha wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 am I have made a pattern using the original sample sent by my friend. Some corrections are required to make but this is my only option.

Regards
Amitava
Out of interest, how long did it take to make that ?

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

The one sold 2017 made £163-00 plus postage even then one owner on here went to £120-00 must have had 2 more bidders, so that is 2 sold on ebay in the last 10 years as far as i am aware how long until we see another.