Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Door Cards

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Door Cards

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Steve, give me a call, and I’ll advise you on Head Lining fitting ,
Tel Mob:- 07713-673230

Cheers Al 😊😊😊

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Hi Al,
thanks for the number and I will give you a call over the weekend..

I bought a cast chrome Policeman as the Mascot for the car which will look nice. It is the only thing that is not standard on her..

I don't know your area that much but is Cheddar Gorge anywhere near you?. I'm in that area until about 4 on Saturday... Just a thought

Best Regards
It is a Lanchester

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Steve , I live in Yeovil, which is probably on your way, I would be delighted to see you .
post code BA21-3RN, house No 11 Broadleaze

Cheers Al 😊😊

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Hi Al would late afternoon be OK on Saturday?
It is a Lanchester

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Steve, that would be fine, just give me a ring when your somewhere near 😊

Cheers Al,😊😊

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Steve, great to see you once more.

For the benefit of our readers , I should explain that I had invited Steve to drop by on his return from Cheddar.
You will probably know that Steve is restoring a Lanchester Eleven ,so it seemed a good idea to invite him to look over my own “ Eleven” with regards Headlining replacement , as I had undertaken it replacement many years ago.
It was then decided to take mine out for a trip to Ilchester and back ( about a Ten mile trip) , Steve was impressed with the performance of my newly rebuilt engine.
At Ilchester I somewhat surprised Steve by inviting him to drive the return trip, He soon mastered the Gear changing etc, actually Steve is only the Fourth person I’ve allowed to drive my “Beloved” Lanchester in the 30 odd yrs that she’s been back on the road since restoration.
Anyway, thank’s for dropping by Steve, it made for a very a pleasant afternoons drive ! !

Cheers Al 😊😊👍

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Hello Al,
Thank you for allowing me to drive your wonderful Lanchester LA11, I felt quite honored and privileged with this opportunity. I have to confess that I was a little nervous about driving her, fortunately I returned her home without any incidents :D

Thank you for the advice on the headlining and I'm going to tackle that job this weekend.

Best Regard
It is a Lanchester