Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester Ten water pipes.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Lanchester Ten water pipes.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I received a call from a gentleman with a Lanchester (LA) Ten.
The car is currently being restored but unfortunately the water pipe coming from the block is rotten.
What have other people done to overcome the problem?
Would owners be interested if tooling was made to create new cast aluminium ones?

frenchy

Re: Lanchester Ten water pipes.

Post by frenchy »

These water pipes corrode away at the bottom end where the drain tap is located. On most vehicles I have seen they have
cut away the bottom end and extended a flexi radiator hose .Would these owners be interested in a new replacement?? I am certain
it would all depend on the cost. I do have a water pipe with the corroded end and could send it to you as a pattern. The pipe
could be cast without the drain tap to cut the cost. I just remove the bottom hose to flush the radiator.
regards Frenchy

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Lanchester Ten water pipes.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I have sent an old one to the Patternmaker to try and get an idea of tooling cost.
A number of years ago I had a few fabricated in stainless steel. They in my opinion ended up being too expensive at over £100 each.
I would aim at no more than £90 which is about the same as the price for the elbow which comes from the head.