Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester La11 Sports

sp250boy

Lanchester La11 Sports

Post by sp250boy »

Gentlemen,
After Wilma (Lanchester LA11 1939 is completed I am going to start on the next project. A Lanchester LA11 Sports similar to:
s-l16005.jpg
I already have the chassis, steering box, wheels, bonnet, gearbox, radiator etc.

My question is what Lanchester engine would be the best from a power output and reliability?.
There is a guy selling a LA10 engine in France but guess that would be the lower range of power. Just looking for some advice on what engine to look out for, and it does have to be a Lanchester engine.

Any advice gratefully rec'd
It is a Lanchester

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Lanchester La11 Sports

Post by JT7196 »

JT7196 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:47 am Hi Steve I would say the best engine that you could use for your new project would probably be the engine out of a Lanchester 14/2 ,this of course being a Six Cylinder engine which has a detachable Cylinder head ,not sure about the differing Axle Ratios though and of course, you would probably need the appropriate Gearbox as well .
Cheers Al😊😊