Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester Eleven Voltage Regulator problems

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Lanchester Eleven Voltage Regulator problems

Post by John-B »

Dynamo and Regulator Conversions (Peter Jury) recommends carrying out several tests. I did test my newly reconditioned dynamo, but I knew that was OK.

When I got the regulator returned the connections were exactly the same so I took the risk of not doing any more tests and it has been OK. Your electrical system, battery, etc. should be in good order.

However, I was warned that connecting up the electronic regulator incorrectly would make it useless, so be careful to connect it up as it was for the old one (I assume that will be the case for a different regulator than mine, but check).

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John ,many thanks for the advice, on removing the old Regulator and comparing the relevant Part No's contained in my Lucas Wiring Diagram,, I have noticed that a later unit had been fitted at some time in the past.
The original unit would have been an RF2 L13 unit , the one as fitted presently ,probably as a direct replacement is a CB 17 unit, but I have no doubt that this will be not a problem.
I shall of course enclose a note highlighting these differing Part No's to ensure that they are fully aware before they do the conversion, I will also enclose the details of the Dynamo ( Model C45H BS5 Service No 224330 )
Lanchester  Dynamo         Service No 224330       C45H      (BS5).JPG
Lanchester Voltage Regulator.JPG
Best wishes, A'l
Last edited by JT7196 on Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chap's , Voltage Regulator being posted off this morning.

cheers A'l

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps ,take a look at the photo below, as you will see the Secondary Coil wire must have been making a very poor contact, as it fell off when disturbed!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9 ... directlink

Cheers A'l

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Lanchester Voltage Regulator.JPG
here you go A'l
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Thank' Darren, your just soooooo kind

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Hi Al.
Speedograph Richfield in Nottingham will be able to sort the ammeter. Did mine for me, looks pristine and registers any current changes.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Peter, yes they did take a quick look at it when I sent the whole gauge Assy to them to sort out the Temperature gauge , but up until the time the Voltage Reg decided that it had had enough, it was still very lazy .
Will wait and see how it performs once I get the modified Reg back , if still the same, I may consider getting it sorted properly .

Best Wishes, A'l