Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Hubcap

JohnP

Hubcap

Post by JohnP »

Hi, newly registered member here. I’m in the process of recommissioning a ‘39 Sport 11D. Everything is done except for one missing hubcap... rather annoying. Can anyone help? I’m afraid I don’t have the dimensions to hand as the car is not with me. It’s chrome with a black L in the centre. Any help would be greatly appreciated and obviously money will change hands!
John

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Hubcap

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John , never heard of a 39 Sport 11D ?
Are you referring to a Lanchester LA 11 Sports Saloon?
If so, then I can supply a Hub Cap .
Cheers Al 👍

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

May I, with tongue placed in my cheek very firmly, remind members that this is a NAVE plate and not a hub cap?!

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

New Dexter wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:30 pm May I, with tongue placed in my cheek very firmly, remind members that this is a NAVE plate and not a hub cap?!
Thanks, I just learned something. I shall add it to my list of words for my Daimler parts such as dizzy, wing, over-rider, and dampers. :D

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

New Dexter wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:30 pm May I, with tongue placed in my cheek very firmly, remind members that this is a NAVE plate and not a hub cap?!
Give up, you'll never convince everyone to stop calling them hubcaps! :D

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

That’s 1939, sorry for the confusion!

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

JT7196 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm Hi John , never heard of a 39 Sport 11D ?
Cheers Al 👍

Cheers Al, it’s a 1939. I’m afraid my knowledge of the marque is more than limited! I think you’re correct. I was initially told it was a Sport 11d and it’s stuck in my mind.. it came to me fortuitously, I wasn’t looking for a Lanchester at all!
Anyway, I’m glad you can help. Is there a private messaging system on here? Whereabouts are you, on the off chance you’re within easy travelling distance from me?
John

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

JohnP wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:35 am
JT7196 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm Hi John , never heard of a 39 Sport 11D ?
Cheers Al 👍
Is there a private messaging system on here? Whereabouts are you, on the off chance you’re within easy travelling distance from me?
John
Click the member's username and click the email link (sometimes it's shown as an envelope). PMs are also possible but tend to be slower for a reply if the member doesn't notice he has one waiting.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John, did those parts arrive Ok ?

Cheers Al