Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Vin number location

Vulgalour

Vin number location

Post by Vulgalour »

Since purchasing our LD10 in August last year, we've been waiting for the V5C to arrive and chasing it up. We have the new keeper slip, and all the details match the car so we're not worried about any sort of discrepencies there. We've now been advised to apply for a replacement since clearly the V5C that should have arrived has got lost, Covid has been blamed for the delay/loss. However, for a replacement V5C application, we need the car's VIN number (or equivalent). There are two plates on the car, one is a brass plaque on the bulkhead, the other a small rivetted plate that begins 101. Our suspicion is the rivetted plate is the correct one, but we're not sure. Perhaps the number can be found in a totally different location.

Advice on where to look for the number would be appreciated.

Simon Hyslop

Re: Vin number location

Post by Simon Hyslop »

The brass plate with the number starting L6 on the bulkhead is the VIN number on my V5C. Yours is L63783 and mine is 63784, and three miles from me is 63788.

Vulgalour

Re: Vin number location

Post by Vulgalour »

Thank you!