Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Footman-James 37th Classic Car Show Sat 18th -Sn19 June 2016

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Footman-James 37th Classic Car Show Sat 18th -Sn19 June 2016

Post by JT7196 »

Re: Footman James 37th Classic Car Show. Sat 18th- Sun 19th June 2016
Postby Big A'l » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi Chaps, I desperately need your help !!! As many of you will know, I organise the stand for the DLOC and have been fortunate to have bee able to secure an 1897 Daimler 4 1/2 Hp Waggonete and have also have an early Lanchester promised by the JDHT ( subject to being able to get volunteers to help get it there ) ,so my next problem,and this is the one where I hope one of you chaps can help is, I would really love to have a very early BSA to complete the " set" .
If anybody out there can oblige ,please do get in touch with me ASAP , here are my contact details ;-

Alan.wheatley63@gmail.com

or Tel :- 01935-420168 ( Yeovil Somerset)

This show is of course held at the "Royal Bath & West Show-ground" nr Shepton Mallet Somerset
Best wishes A'l
Ps I believe that this would be the first time since this show began 37 yrs ago, that any stand has been able to offer such early cars for display ! ! A'l

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Footman-James 37th Classic Car Show Sat 18th -Sn19 June 2016

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chap's, we'll certainly drawn a blank trying to find an early BSA for the club stand at the Royal Bath & West Showground next month, do Iv'e now given up I'm afraid .
I really wanted to help the BSA boys get a bit more publicity, but I have explored most avenues including VCC & the VSCC etc , but it would appear that early BSA's are extremely rare on the ground .
So, that brings us to this years show stand , which will have the 1897 Daimler Wagonette, and the 1901 Lanchester, very kindly loaned by JDHC ,for which I shall be eternally grateful,, so do come and visit us on the stand , for a free, yes I did say Free, cupp'a and a biscuit .
For my part, setting up day is going to be shall I say " hectic!" , as on the Friday set up day, I shall have to get back from a holiday on the Isle of Wight to Yeovil in Somerset, help load up the Daimler , and transport it to Shepton Mallet, and then set up the entire show stand, so as you can see ,as I said, it going to be "hectic " day !!

I look forward to meeting up with some of you once more ,

Best wishes A'l