Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24 cylinderhead

tescaparts

EL24 cylinderhead

Post by tescaparts »

Hi gents,
i want to let you know that the first printed sand-pattern for the terrible EL24 cylinderhead is ordered today.The pictures are showing the 3D- CAD model.The design is modified to avoid cracks as found in the original heads
Regards
Claudio
Attachments
Bild4.jpg
Bild1.jpg

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: EL24 cylinderhead

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Great to see the progress.
I'm sure that orders now need to be placed to help move this on further.
It will be great for the owners who have waited patiently to be able to drive their cars again .
Well done and many thanks for your efforts.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Out of interest Claudio, has the club backed you on this venture? I unndersood they were willing to fund projects like this?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Graham,

no support until now,but i´m in contact with Marcel and Mark Williams.We´ll see what the future brings.
At the moment it´s a private project from a friend and me for our own cars.
Claudio

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Let's hope that the club do help.
I would like to think that my subscription is going to a good cause rather than just tea and cakes at the AGM.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The club has a huge, and I mean HUGE reserve funded by the members years ago as "The Spares Loan Fund". It was created to purchase the spares from a trader (Ben Mason) to create a Spares business within the DLOC.
This was not successful and the spares and the property were sold off. The resulting cash has remained (depreciating) in the bank since.
So what's the problem with funding projects like this with money that members have freely given for this very purpose?
Come on board STEP UP.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Graham and Colin,

thank you for your warm words.We hope for a fund or some orders to bring the one time development costs down.

Claudio

woljags

Post by woljags »

I'm still interested in a replacement head,do we have any idea of the cost of one yet

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Woljags,
please give me some time to calculate the the price.It´s depending if the club will support us with the development costs.
Prices will follow as soon as possible.
Regards
Claudio

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Hello all,

As EL24 registrar, I have submitted a business case to the board about the issue of cylinder heads. Claudio has been working on this for a long time, and recently Andy Wrightson has also taken up the challenge as he also needs a head. The board meets again next month I believe, so we will see if they decide to take on this issue. Points I would mention are:

- Andy has opted for pattern casting, which means the patterns remain available to reuse after each head is cast. The board may decide that purchasing these patterns is the best way ahead, given that the club would then own a tangible asset for hire out in future as required.
- whilst it would be nice for the club to support us, we must remember that EL24 owners are a very small minority, so the board will need to consider whether it can justify spending funds contributed by many members on a small group. I hope they will decide to support us, but there is no guarantee.
- cast blanks have still to be machined into a useable head, which must be added to the price.

Overall though I think we are very close to solving the EL24 cylinder head issue, and I would like to record my immense gratitude to both Claudio and Andy for taking this on.

Mark