Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24 cylinderhead

John-B
Site Admin

Re: EL24 cylinderhead

Post by John-B »

Salmons wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm I took it to Masons, on the North Circular and they repaired it within two weeks, the cost about £80. There were some beautiful cars in their yard.
I think he did my clutch in one week, no problem, after I had driven it from Bristol extremely early in the dark in dense fog on A roads, before the M4, and around a country lane diversion, all without using a useless clutch, just timing the gear changes like a crash box.

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Hi all,

nice stories,i think they happened to all of us...
Please don´t be angry with me if i try coming back to topic.
CCF18112017_00000.jpg
CCF18112017_00001.jpg
The pictures are showing the CNC milling files after 45 hours of development.

Claudio

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

tescaparts wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:13 am Hi all,

nice stories,i think they happened to all of us...
Please don´t be angry with me if i try coming back to topic.CCF18112017_00000.jpgCCF18112017_00001.jpg

The pictures are showing the CNC milling files after 45 hours of development.

Claudio
It's our mistake, topics should be kept on topic, but a few little diversions add interest.

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Good evening all,

i want to wish you a merry Christmas and all the best for the next year.
Thank you very much for all the support over the last months.

Claudio

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Claudio it has been a great interest to read and watch your progress you have been 2 men on a mission and you have got there ,hope you and John have a successful year and enjoy your hard work you deserve it.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year driving your cars yet again well done .

Peter

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Hello Claudio,

A very Happy Christmas and New Year to you and your family. Thank you for all the work that you have done in developing new EL24 heads and I am sorry that I have not been able to persuade my reluctant friend to order one for his car, the ES24. I will keep working on him but the problem is that the car is jointly owned with his sister. He has even offered to give me his hare of the car but I doubt that would help.

Attached a photo of the car in better days

Hopefully I will meet you again at Beaulieu in September but am not sure if i will be going down there.

Best regards,

Dennis
Attachments
IMG_0097.JPG

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Good evening all,

next update:
The milling job is done now and next week the new bronce valve guides will be fitted.They will allow us the use of modern valve seals.
All the best
Claudio
Attachments
IMG_4476.jpg

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Superb job Claudio, you time and diligence is exemplamentary !!

Cheers A’l :) :shock:

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Claudio, You have to be congratulated for the amount of effort and result, I have spent the last few days
working on my rear doors which had to be dismantled to have some rusted parts renewed, having put back
together to what I thought was correct then fitting to the body today to find the lines somewhat off was rather
depressing. I look at your massive undertaking and feel my problems are really rather minor!

Ron.

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Al and Ron:Thank you very much...here are some more details.
IMG_4478.jpg
Last edited by tescaparts on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.