Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Convertable

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

DB18 Convertable

Post by Norfolk Lad »

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB18 Convertable

Post by New Dexter »

"Wheel splats"? Now that's an interesting idea. Are they flatter than normal or were they made by someone like Jackson Pollock?

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Well, It looks as though someone made a start with the grey primer.

Dennis

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Has been discussed before was sold a few months back looks like new owner is now selling

See viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2799
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

It's a real shame when cars like this do the rounds as this one has.

There was some where back in it's 50/60 year history a very proud owner, it was a stunning car in it's day and they still cut the mustard in good trim.

It is so easy to put on rose coloured glasses and see this as it should look when finished, but it is a whole different ball game to get it done, both in terms of work involved and cost.

Still a very nice vehicle to own done properly, now where did I put those glasses.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Morning all from a sunny but cold Hong Kong.
I asked the ebay seller whether he has found a major problem with the car that has driven him to relist it so quickly after his original purchase. I received the following reply. " Only just bought it from a shed I no nothing about its preivious." Typo his. So I think its safe to assume that he probably purchased it to flip for a profit, probably as a result of the previous sellers flowery write up about how much the car is going to be worth.
It continues to amaze me how many of these SS's survive.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Looking at car transporter which it is on and the fact it has been turned around to show the other side it is clearly in a yard as gate opening has a barrier that pivots down, the transporter looks the same i think it might be the same seller who had it for sale before but it is now minus all those spares.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

May be but different seller ID. First was based in Leicester, this one is now in Notts.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

you might be right...looks like the high bidder is connected to the seller...100$ of all bids from the high bidder went to this seller.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

but who knows...could be a good project at that price if it comes with most of the spares.