Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 Gearbox Selector Camshaft

karlm

LD10 Gearbox Selector Camshaft

Post by karlm »

This is, unfortunately, another "help" post!

After taking the LD10 out for a decent drive yesterday I found myself stuck in third gear... and no selector activity...Stripping down the selector cover, shows the camshaft gear has sheared (see pics).. The camshaft itself was also seized (seems the brass end-bearings are worn) - thus I'm going to need a new camshaft... help!

Also can someone point me to an online reference for the gearbox? I've seen the DB18 one but it's a bit different, in particular in relation to the pedal spring etc, which I also had to free up...
IMG_4231.jpg
IMG_4236.jpg

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: LD10 Gearbox Selector Camshaft

Post by Norfolk Lad »

There is a book that we have been waiting for but think we still may have to wait will check, as for parts this might have to be made or a used one if found.
there are these

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/ ... hichpage=2

http://ld10.awardspace.com/bay/env75.htm

this is the man who is going to produce the book

http://vorwahlgetriebe.de/buecher/the-e ... op-manual/

and you could try Adrian Hanwell for used parts

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The LD10 website is awesome
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

karlm

Post by karlm »

Yep Id be totally lost without that site.

I’ve contacted Peter and Adrian as well. I may also have to go down the machining route, I’m curious about the metal 3d printing process as a possible option, hopefully I can have it going by the next show on 4 March

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Try David Beales. He has a number of gear box spares. He has experience reconditioning boxes.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

It looks very like the mechanism that is on the Conquest gearbox. If so I have a camshaft you can have in a scrap gearbox. Can anyone confirm? Below is the diagram from the Conquest manual.

Mike
Attachments
selector.PNG

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Is there anyone who has a Conquest/LD10 parts book so that part numbers can be checked? The LD box is somewhat smaller then the Conquest one is the reason I ask, but of course the selector cam may well be a common part.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Conquest selector cam part number is 302353.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

I have some Conquest parts books and the LD10 one is on line - the numbers are different: 288029 for the LD10, 287969 for the Consort and 302353 for the DJ250 and the DJ256 Century II. However perhaps the numbers are different for each model even if the part is the same?

Mike

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

The length of the one I have is 5.5" between the bearing ends. Main diameter of the shaft, near the gear, is 0.85"

Mike
Attachments
select1.jpg