Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Max overbore Daimler V8

Ozzsp250

Re: Max overbore Daimler V8

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Daimlersteve,
Seen this on Trademe?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-pa ... 32b63071cb

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Thanks for the heads up there ozz.
King make the bearings marketed by Counties in the uk and are not copper /lead ( at this stage).
I must get hold of Steve Sannett and see what developments he has on the go.
Cheers , Steve

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Now tell me -- What's an Ozz doing in the States?

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

As the "Donald" would say I'm fall in the fake category......

Actually a Kiwi by birth and yank after living here 40 + years -- with a break in Oz after retirement, then returned to US.

My continued saga..

I ran my modified engine again yesterday after rebuilding the 2" SU Carbs, in the test stand. It started instantly and idles ok by ear but when I use the air flow-meter the left site is 7-8 while the right side is about 14 on the scale of the instrument. Looking at the carburetor pistons the left side is barely open while the right is perhaps 3/16". With engine shut off both pistons are closed. The right side carb the slow idle adjuster still has little effect on idle speed while the left side adjuster is typical. I never replaced the springs in the lower diaphragm chambers, I guess its possible it may be different. I did get new lean needles and piston springs from Burlen Ltd.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Disconnect the throttle linkages and make sure the butterflies are closed . steve

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Any updates on the Kurt Artinger twin turbo Daimler SP250 ?

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Block deck skimmed and bore taken out to 79.85mm before honing to 80mm. Cylinder head torqued down to make sure the welding does not crack when the heads are torqued down. Next step is a dry build to measure piston to deck height etc.
Attachments
20180618_101114.jpg
20180618_101122.jpg
20180618_102130.jpg

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

After torquing the heads down a hear line crack in the block was discovered 90 degrees to the block face down the side so the block has gone back to the welder. I have had a torque plate cut from 30mm steel to simulate the cylinder head pressure on the block for when we do the welding and honing of the cylinder bores.

Also worth noting is that Mr Steve Sanett at Penta Motorsport has the following parts available for those who seek maximum performance from their Daimler 250 V8 Engines

Bespoke Camshafts
4 bolt mains (4 steel caps) rear, 2nd 3rd and 4th
Aluminium end seals front and rear to accept chevy small block seal
Using your stock crank stroked up to .250 inch. Welded and nitrated.
Billet crank any journal or stroke
Roller rocker arms

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Hi Sonus,
Don't persevere , time for a new block . This one is grief now and maybe more so down the the track.

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Anyone have any news or updates on the Kurt Artinger twin turbo Daimler SP250 ? I am intrigued to see how this will go.