Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Petrol Cap Grommet New DHC

Elliott

Petrol Cap Grommet New DHC

Post by Elliott »

Hi all, i'm Elliott and recently purchased a Daimler New DHC, i'm just getting to know the car but i've noticed the petrol cap is leaking as the grommet is missing, I think it maybe the same as the one used on a Dart but not sure, I was wondering is anyone might be able to suggest where I could get a replacement grommet, not even sure what size dimensions to search for as its missing but maybe the Dart version would be a good place to start.

Not sure if there are any other DHC owners but there are some screw holes on the bottom of the doors sills where I think there must have been some kind of chrome strip or may rubber protection as you get in and out, I would like to replace what should have been there originally but not sure what that would have been. Cheers Elliott.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Petrol Cap Grommet New DHC

Post by migray »

hi Elliott

I spoke to one of your friends at the Nottingham Autokarna about your car. My NDHC was at the show.
The grommet is the same as the dart's (I have both cars) but it won't help the leak as this is from the underside of the petrol cap (which is also the same as the dart's). I often have problems with this, a circular flat washer in the cap can help but you have to watch the tank isn't sealed. A mokka coffee pot seal is about the right size.

Hope that is some help, and welcome to the joys of dj254.

Mike
Bakewell

Elliott

Post by Elliott »

Hi Mike, thank you for getting back to me, yes I did hear about your car, I would love to see it at some point. Right i'm off to Tesco now for some Mokka coffee.

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Hi Elliot
Do you mean this one:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2287&p=13246#p13246

Or the gasket in the cap? For the gasket I purchased a suitable cork ring on amazon.com.

Best regards
Beat