Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1929 Daimler 20/70 model M

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

1929 Daimler 20/70 model M

Post by Christopher Storey »

I have been asked to help put a likely value on this car before it is offered for auction, which is a sympathetically restored 20/70 ( I presume still with the sleeve valve engine although i have not seen under the bonnet ). Reg is EC 8950 and engine no 53847, 2687cc

John-B
Site Admin

Re: 1929 Daimler 20/70 model M

Post by John-B »

To show a photo or image in a post or reply, open a New Topic window or click Post Reply in an existing topic, click Attachments below left of the post window, then click Add files which will open a separate window with your computer's file list, highlight a file (preferably in a .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp or .gif format), click Open at the bottom right of the window, wait for it to upload and it should show the filename at the bottom of the original post page, put the cursor in the post where you want the photo and click Place inline which will add the filename inside [ attachment] [ /attachment] code. You can Add files several times. Then Submit the post. You don't need to use URL or IMG tags or use an external url with https://www.
NOTE: The above method is how it works in Windows operating systems like IE on Windows 8.1 and 10, Firefox and Google Chrome. Apple operating systems don't show the Open button (I think you click Done after highlighting the filename, wait while uploading and Submit after it has uploaded) and there may be slight differences using older browsers.

For internet photos the photo size doesn't need to be larger than 1024 x 768px or 100KB. If it's more it may get refused, so reduce the size using a photo program, even "Paint" on Windows PCs. Large photo sizes just waste our database capacity.

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

John : thank you for that - in fact I ( sort of) managed to figure it out using the insert image button, but next time I shall use your approved method

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

I would have loved to have seen the pictures, Chris!!!

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

terryfrombury wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 am I would have loved to have seen the pictures, Chris!!!
I think Chris can see them because he has an AOL account, BUT WE CAN'T SEE THEM!

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Try again !
DSCN1702.jpeg
DSCN1679.jpeg
DSCN1677.jpeg
DSCN1675.jpeg

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

And one more I hope !
DSCN1704.jpeg

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Thanks, Chris. That is a wonderful vehicle!

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Christopher Storey wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 am I have been asked to help put a likely value on this car before it is offered for auction, which is a sympathetically restored 20/70 ( I presume still with the sleeve valve engine although i have not seen under the bonnet ). Reg is EC 8950 and engine no 53847, 2687cc
I'm not sure how you can do that without looking at the engine and doing a bit of "up-skirting". (That's a term I only heard about today).

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

John : the situation is that I am trying to help a young woman who is the executor of her late uncle's estate, and she has to sell this Daimler and a Jowett Javelin. The sale almost certainly will be by auction, and she wants some idea whether the suggestions she will receive as to reserve etc are reasonable or not. For these purposes I am hoping to receive advice of a price band a. with original sleeve valve engine and b. the ( presumably ) lower value which a substitution of, say, a DB18 engine would entail. Unfortunately I have no pics of the engine which would tell us the situation