Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Footman James Classic Car Show at Shepton Mallet Show Ground

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Footman James Classic Car Show at Shepton Mallet Show Ground

Post by grahamemmett »

I am the Events Co-ordinator and nobody asked me for any support or materials. Ask and it will be freely given.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi , yes I notice that there is always plenty of stuff supplied when the club attends the NEC .
Seems strange, for such a large club , we “ organisers “ of lesser events ,yet little or no feed back from the club managagement !
I have organised a stand for Our Club Four times a year ( Three at The Footman James events ) and another at the “ Classics at the Castle” held at Sherborne Dorset,for more years than I care to remember, but to be fair, the club has always been kind enough to provide finance if and when required.
Like I said, as a stand organiser, Membership / Entry Forms , being provided would be most helpful , but who does one ask I wonder ??

Cheers A’l 😀😀😀

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Alan, without folk like you who organise all sorts of events we wouldn’t have much of a profile at all. To be honest as you’ve done it for years I’d mistakenly assumed you’d got everything you need. When the board are asked to provide support - money, equipment, people or whatever they will act but I’m afraid it’s the old adage - if you don’t ask, you don’t get!
Who to ask? Well on the inside back page for the last five years, it’s printed “Events Coordinator- Graham Emmett” that’s me. There’s a ton of display material, stands, flags, signage, books and merchandise. Membership forms can be supplied for you to print or ready printed. I can arrange for you to have an event web page, a dedicated e-mail address and take bookings. If you need money, I can help you put a case to the board. (I’m not a board member.)
Please just ask!

And of course the same goes for anybody organising an event.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Thanks Graham, that’s very reasuring to know, I have the ex Jaguar display panels, but to be honest they are just too cumbersome they just sit in my garage unused, which is a shame.
These were supplied to me by Kevin Bennett many years ago, and could really be used more effectively elsewhere
My Lanchester invariariably gets turned into nothing short of a Van , with all the show stuff getting loaded inside , just have to try and be careful not to wreck the interior !!
But those display panels are just a step too far I’m afraid !
I would be most grateful to receive some back copies of the DM ( not too many please ) and some Membership forms, I do have quite a large collection of Daimler, Lanchester & BSA pictures that are displayed at every show, but even some of these are now looking a bit secondhand !
Would also appreciate some Flags etc if possible ,as for a web page sounds interesting and of course I do use the Events Page on the DLcentre web site.

Best wishes, and many thanks for your input Graham
, I will stay in touch as and when I need any help . Alan 😀🚗